Thursday, February 25, 2010

NEW from Chef Worly-(The chef behind Sabor) BasicCookbook.com


The Basic Cookbook from TheBasicCookBook.Com on Vimeo.
.
 
Volli & son


TheBasicCookbook.com is a recipe share network with the noble goal of inspiring people to cook with simple yet delicious videos and recipes.

Become a fan on facebook and receive a weekly video from our chef!
Taken from www.thebasiccookbook.com

Hello and welcome to The Basic Cookbook.com.

My name is Volundur S. Volundarson – but my friends call me “Volli”.

I started cooking back in 1990 when I was 17 years old. I love food and I love cooking. Shortly after my graduation I left my native country Iceland to explore the world and it’s many tastes. I travelled all over the world, experiencing new things and working in different restaurants. After a year at Charlie Trotters in Chicago I moved to the Bahamas where I run my own restaurant. My life as a bachelor was pretty basic. I went to work early in the morning and was usually the last person to leave in the evenings.

In 2006 I met my wife. Two years later we were blessed with our son – and I have to say that no experience compares to parenthood. It also gave me a new perspective on life. I stayed more at home and since I cook for a living I was automatically put in charge of the family meals.

What I discovered – much to my surprise – was that I loved simple home-style cooking – not to mention the precious time that we share as a family during meals. My culinary philosophy is simple – I focus on fresh, healthy ingredients – that taste grate and that everyone at the table can enjoy – even my two year old son.

The idea of The Basic Cookbook came about when I wanted to share some of my recipes that I cook at home with my family and friends – but I decided to take it to the next level and give everyone interested the opportunity to make use of them as well – and share with their family and friends.

I have made short cooking tutorials that I will post on this site and on our Facebook Fan Page. I will be doing so every week so you should hopefully find some recipes that you want to try out.

I also encourage you to become a part of our cooking community and share your own recipes or try something that you see on the website. And please – feel free to share a recipe in any language…

My main goal is to inspire people to cook by demonstrating how simple it is…

I hope you enjoy.

Sincerely,

Volundur

www.deliciousIceland.com
www.icelandicchef.com