At the recent Bahamas International Investment & Business Forum (BIIBF)—a conference held February 20-21, 2013 at the Grand Lucayan Resort, showcasing The Bahamas as a global investment destination of choice—James Sarles, President of Coldwell Banker James Sarles Realty, presented to the assembled international investors, business leaders, Bahamas Cabinet, Ministers, and key government officials, an overview of Ten Great Reasons to Buy Real Estate in The Bahamas.
Well received, the presentation highlighted:
• The Bahamas’ welcoming philosophy and no-red-tape approach toward international investors
• The many tax-free advantages of no income tax, no personal tax, no sales tax, and in Grand Bahama: no property tax
• Legal residency opportunities associated with becoming an investor of $500,000 or more in The Bahamas
• The country’s longtime stable democracy
• The wide variety of available and affordable real estate right now
• Financing opportunities and resources available in The Bahamas
• The key geographical location and close proximity to the United States
• The warm, welcoming people of The Bahamas
• Unprecedented opportunities for investing in single family homes, condominiums, and commercial real estate
• The deep quality of life and natural abundance that the clear Bahamian waters and commitment to sustaining them holds.
Other executives at the conference spoke about the potential for development of maritime and logistics industries, opportunities in banking and financial services, tourism, business services, energy, agriculture, manufacturing, and the knowledge economy.
Business leaders from 27 countries were also reminded of what a natural and state-of-the-art gateway The Bahamas offers to the Eastern Seaboard of North, South, and Central America, and to the Caribbean.