By Nadine Schuermann
1. Family Guardian’s Annual Calendar Photo Contest is open to all photographers. The title for the company’s 2011 calendar will be “A Celebration of Nature”. Photographs may be of any subject (animate or inanimate), scene or historical structure that features a striking example of nature as found in The Bahamas.
2. DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS JUNE 30, 2010. All entries are submitted at the owner’s risk and will not be returned.
3. All entries are to be delivered to Family Guardian’s Corporate Centre, Village Road and East Bay Street, Nassau, between 9:00a.m and 5:00p.m weekdays only. Envelopes should be marked “Calendar Contest”.
4. All entries must be accompanied by a signed and completed official entry form, available at any Family Guardian office, as published in the newspapers or on the website www.familyguardian.com
5. Only colour images will be considered. Images must be provided as digital files on CD. Digital images must be of high quality (2700 x 2100 pixels or larger). Digital images showing signs of photo manipulation, resolution enhancement or compression will be rejected. To ensure the best colour reproduction, digital images should be supplied in RAW, TIFF or high quality JPEG and in the original colour format the camera uses (LAB or RGB). All entries must be supplied with colour prints (8 x 10) which will be used in the judging process. (Note: prints submitted without CD’s will not be eligible and vice versa). The photographer’s name, photo subject and photo location must be written on the reverse of the print.
6. Judging of entries will be based on beauty, interest, composition, colour, originality and quality of photograph. Particular areas and subjects of interest are detailed on the website (www.familyguardian.com). The photographs selected will appear in Family Guardian’s 2011 calendar. The decision of the judges will be final.
7. A gift certificate valued at $400 will be presented for each of the photographs selected. Photographic credits will be given in the calendar. The number of entries per photographer is limited to a maximum of 5 photos.
8. The winning photographs, along with all publication and reproduction rights attached thereto, become the property of Family Guardian and the company reserves the right to use such in the future. Photos will not be returned.
9. Employees of Family Guardian, its affiliated companies or family members are not eligible.
10. Previously published photos are not eligible.