Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Grand Bahama joins with the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival (FLIFF)
Freeport, The Bahamas - As a part of their ongoing efforts in Film Development, the Ministry of Tourism & Aviation, in conjunction with the Ft. Lauderdale International Film Festival (FLIFF), and the Grand Bahama Island Tourism Board, is pleased to announce ‘FLIFF On-Location: Grand Bahama Island’ . FLIFF, now in its 26th year, will take place October 21 – November 11, 2011. However, for the first time, the festival will feature an offshore component, ‘FLIFF On-Location’, here on Grand Bahama Island, October 27 – 30, 2011.
This inaugural staging of ‘FLIFF On-Location: Grand Bahama Island’, will be hosted at the brand new, state of the art Canal House at Pelican Bay Hotel.
The Festival will feature a wonderful array of programs and events, including:
* Movies made in The Bahamas
* Underwater Cinematography Workshop by award-winning cinematographer Paul Mockler
* Independent Films & Films from around the world
* Complimentary outdoor screenings
* International Student Film Competition
* And the Inaugural ‘Grand Bahama Youth Film Competition’ Winner’s Screening. A competition is for young filmmakers (aged 14 to 18 years old)
Visitors and residents alike will be encouraged to come out and enjoy the films and events on offer during the four-day festival. More information about screenings, special events, parties and seminars will be forthcoming as the festival dates approach.