Friday, November 5, 2010

Take a trip down East this weekend- Photo story

SkyLine in Pelican Point
 Lady on her Porch Mcleans Town
Every once in a while, A few friends and I load up the car and make a road trip down East.
We don't have any plans just to drive, catch the breeze, make some bar stops, take photos, swim and just be.

 
We always try and stop at Zelmas in Mcleans town for cracked Conch or Lobster, The Cracked lobster is just $12 with 2 sides. Cracked conch is $6


When we're done eating which we normally do by the dock in Mcleans town, we drive down to where I always describe as "The End of the World" a little jetty at an abandoned building right at the edge of Grand Bahama (I've heard numerous stories about the former owner of that building which are rather grandiose). You can travel no further so what you must do is sit on the jetty or lay down stare at the stunning blue sky and breathe.
Heres a photo story of one of these trips




Industrial Plant South Riding Point
 Homes in Pelican Point

 At the very edge of GB looking over to Deadmans Cay



 The Hammock At Bishops

 Beach Stop
 Some downtime at Bishops
 Pine trees frame the journey all the way East





Working hard on repairs

 
At Zelmas, Simple but excellent Island Fare


High Rock beach & Lighthouse

11 comments:

  1. My favorite way to spend an afternoon -- with Lyndah and Harry taking our Sunday drive -- "Island Stylee" - absorbing the beauty and culture, good local grub and great company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I'm glad you like it, A simple story but one that needs to be told:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ABSOLUTELY agree...I hail from the East...High Rock specifically, and the beaches, hospitality and tranquility that can be found out there can hardly be surpassed ANYWHERE!!! And I'm not jus saying that because my mother and father are from there...
    I often drive out there on Sunday mornings and spend the day with my grandparents and great grandmother...just enjoying the peacefulness of being away from the city! I can sit on my great grandmother's porch and look out over the ocean....or lay in her bed and feel the wonderful, sea breeze come through the bedroom window...
    So for a chic who's spent about nine years in Atlanta, and enjoyed city life, it's QUITE refreshing and enjoyable!
    So I'm with Lyndah...drive out there and go see for yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your insight Paytrilee, I'm planning on driving out there this sunday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your insight Paytrilee,

    ReplyDelete
  6. ı love this place. thank you man

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often drive out there on Sunday mornings and spend the day with my grandparents and great grandmother...just enjoying the peacefulness of being away from the city!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can sit on my great grandmother's porch and look out over the ocean....or lay in her bed and feel the wonderful, sea breeze come through the bedroom window...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So for a chic who's spent about nine years in Atlanta, and enjoyed city life, it's QUITE refreshing and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete