Monday, August 2, 2010

Miss Grand Bahama readies for China pageant

 Sophia Smith, Proprietor of Escante Shoes, selects a bold red high heeled shoe for the upcoming Miss Friendship International Pageant to be held in China. (Photo credit: V.I.P. Services Ltd.)

FREEPORT, Grand Bahama -- As Miss Grand Bahama, Tempestt Stubbs, prepares for her first international competition, the Miss Friendship International Pageant which is scheduled to take place in China from September 7 - 28, 2010, she is busy co-ordinating each outfit from head to toe. Thanks to two local stores, she is able to stand with pride and shine with added appeal as she selects new foot wear and accessories.

"I am thrilled to travel to China to represent Grand Bahama Island and indeed The Bahamas," says Miss Grand Bahama. "This is one of the main reasons why I entered the Miss Grand Bahama competition. I wanted the opportunity to travel and I consider it a privilege to represent my island and my country."

With the many wardrobe changes, Escante Shoes proprietor, Sophia Smith, offered to furnish half a dozen pairs of shoes in any style or color required. "I am delighted to help Miss Grand Bahama look her best," says Ms. Smith.

With the wide choice range offered, Miss Grand Bahama carefully contemplated matching her shoes to her gowns.
Miss Grand Bahama's next stop was at Patrice, a store located in the Arcade Building that specializes in accessories. Here Miss Grand Bahama carefully surveyed the casual wear and jewelry selections.

 Miss Grand Bahama aims to look her best throughout her three week stay in China. (Photo credit: V.I.P. Services Ltd.)

A former beauty queen herself, Mrs. Patrice Campbell said, "Being a former Miss Bahamas, I understand the need to have a varied selection of accessories, so it a pleasure for me to assist Miss Grand Bahama with pulling together her wardrobe, as she represents our island internationally."